Objective : To collaboratively embark on programs, initiatives and promote policies aim at ensuring attainment of adequate power supply to all Nigerians with the shortest possible time frame.
This Specialist Group is charged with the sole responsibility of coming up with urgent solutions to Nigeria energy problem. Energy and good power supply have been major hindrances to our national development in years past. There is no nation that can develop and actualize her potentials without adequate supply of electricity. Businesses either big or small cannot perform optimally in any economy without adequate supply of electricity. For over 30 years, Nigeria is yet to find solutions to power problems despite billions of dollars, tax payable fund, spent by each successive administration. The PNI, comprising of professionals in the field of engineering, power generation, distribution and related fields, will focus on bringing up practical ideas, solutions both in the short and long term to address this problem in conjunction
with relevant bodies, and government agencies charged with this responsibility. This group is open to all Nigerians with relevant experience and capabilities to help in solving this problem.
Recent reports provided by the Electricity Generating Companies, confirmed that the average power supply in Nigeria is 3, 851 MW to a population of about 180 million people, whilst South Africa produces 40,000 MW to 62 million South African. This simply statistic shows that our power sector is in a precarious situation. There is therefore urgent need to address this issue in other to move Nigerian forward.
To collaboratively embark on programs, initiatives and promote policies aim at ensuring attainment of adequate power supply to all Nigerians with the shortest possible time frame.
- To work with the government and relevant agencies in bringing power solution to all Nigeria.
- To identify area of weakness and proffer relevant solutions.
- To embark on projects that will bring about urgent revolution in Nigerian power sector
- To contribute positively and meaningfully to project aim for the attainment of energy sufficiency
- To work with global power generating and distribution companies as well as government agencies in bringing long term solution to the Nigerian power problems.
- To organize conferences and seminars aimed at improving power generation and distribution in Nigeria
This specialist group is open to all registered and active members of the Nigerian Diaspora Foundation (NDF) whose professional focus in on power engineering, power generation, distribution and related disciplines. You can join this Specialist Group at your local, State or National chapter of the NDF or start the group if not already in existence within your locality.